Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Young Adults Conference (June 3-5)

I just got done spending 3 days in Steubenville, OH for the first of Franciscan’s summer conferences. Young adults are a new cup of tea for me as I am used to speaking and interacting with high school age people. However the remarkable revelation came to me during the weekend that I am actually a “young adult” although I think I envision myself being about 16 years old and clueless. I was a little intimidated starting the conference thinking that the “young adults” were going to be a serious bunch of folks looking for a serious, professional looking sage to lead em for the weekend. But as I started to mingle with them I realized they were a lot like me…a normal crew of peeps with gifts and issues alike longing to bend their lives around God’s heart. And so we took the journey of the weekend together seeking to be “All for the Glory”. …What a meaty theme. God’s Glory is so infinite yet so intimate. And as he reveals his Glory (his face) we are left longing for more. The weekend was so passive in the sense that all weekend long God spilled out his Glory on us and we could do nothing other than stand there and receive it. That’s what His glory is about: His revelation and our awe. I think God wants me to receive more and strategize less.