Monday, June 27, 2005

Steubenville South

Picture 6000 cajun kids crammed in an arena who, despite a broken AC unit, are fired up about one thing: the Glory and the renown of our God. I new things were going to be good when I showed up on Friday for my sound check and saw 18 Subwoofers lined up on both sides of the stage. The sheer power of that system could make a grown man vomit. The lights, the band, the speaking team, the creole cooking was enough to make a good weekend for me. But what pushed it over the top was the passion in that arena as 6000 people begged God to show his Glory. The most moving part of my weekend was seeing 2500 kids give their lives to Christ on Saturday night. No matter how many times I witness those altar calls – I am still overwhelmed with the priveledge to witness salvation.