Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Kelly Pease/ Righteous B Tour DAY 2

Well…Kelly Pease wasn’t quite as lazy as she was yesterday waking at 11AM. Aparently she considers that early. But I won’t hold it against her as today was the first day of our shows for the week. Tonight we played at St. Frances Cabrini Church in Alexandria. For a town with a population of 43 – we had a great turn out with a 1 or 2 hundred peeps. I started off the night rapping to a juiced up crowd (although their was a group of adults in the back who all looked slightly confused and slightly bothered) LA wouldn’t strike you as Hip Hop country but they had a couple kids that knew how to shake their tailfeather. Sal and Scotty were a dynamic duo. Dem Louisana kids got a bundle of energy – dancing with them is like eating a big ol Cajun energy bar. They really get me fired up. That being said – Kelly Pease was amazing tonight. She really is one of the coolest people I know. She’s a mega talented artist, but the thing does it for me is that she is so transparent and authentic. What that translates into is an engaging witness. SIDE NOTE – I want her to marry my brother Ben (pray for that) …We finished the night with a powerful time of worship with the crowd. It was really good. I could of marinated in that all night long. Tommorow we shove off…eight of us in a truck together. It’s a good thing I smell so good. I really miss my family.