Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Steubenville Rockies

Well, I’m flying back from Steubenville Rockies in Denver Colorado and to be honest with you I have one though on my heart – my family. Hosting these conferences this summer has been so amazing getting to see thousands of kids come to know Christ. And this was my 5th and last confernce to host of the summer. It was especially blessed because the Diocese of Denver has got it going on - I believe some of the best youth ministry in the country is coming out of that Diocese because their vision for reaching teens in so passionate (thanks to Bishop Chaput and Sean Dalton). It was also good because our team of speakers was bountifully bodacious. I got to hang with my homegirl (and soon to be sister-in-law) (just kidding) (well…not really) (here’s hoping) Kelly Pease. Though she’s still lazy (waking up late and taking frequent cat naps) – she rocked the house during her concert. And it was fun doing a lil rapping along side of her again. BUT in spite of all these blessings and as much as I love tapping into the Glory of these weekends – there’s nothing I love more than being a husband and dad. I’m really tired (having been on the road for almost a month straight) which makes me really emotional and I’m just aching to snuggle with my kids (and my wife). Thank you Lord for blessing me with them.