Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Polish Power

How cool is this? This girl, Allison Aldrich, just sent me an email that she won a scholarship to college from the Polish Society of Road Island by writing an essay about me (being polish). The essay was entitled, "A Modern Day Polish Hero" - I think I might chage my rapper name to that. Anyway - I just got a chuckle out of the deal - I think it's cool a stupid Polish rapper could win this girl a scholarship. word

Here's the email:

Hey Bob,
I was a recipient in 2004 of the the Rhode Island Polonia Scholarship Foundation. The essay question for the scholarship asked me to write about a Polish figure who had a positive effect on either the arts, history or sciences. I didn't know what to write about, and rather than having to research about some Polish composer I went "duh Righteous B!" I wasn't sure how they would react to the essay, since I doubt any of the judges would have heard of you. But I didn't care! To me, you truly have had an amazing impact on our society through your music, and lucky for me, happen to be Polish too. I thank you greatly for it.
God Bless!

Allison Aldrich